But first, a bit of housekeeping.
This week's post was delayed due to stuff I had to do, namely: upgrade my free blog to a paid blog with its own domain name of www.minalobo.com. So if any of y'all have bookmarked my blog w/the older URL (yeah, right), please update your bookmark (or re-bookmark) so you come to this shiny new URL. I made the switch for business purposes. What specific purposes? Well, if I told ya, I'd have to kill ya. J/K, it's just another step in my self-publishing process, 'cause, like, a URL with just your name and no pesky "blogspot" in it looks more professional and whatnot.
(Y'all, this self-publishing thing's becoming more and more real and, I have to say, it's kinda freakin' me out, a little.)
Right, so; onward with the Inspirational Liebster Blog Award!
|Click here for book trailer!|
As with many awards of this stripe, the nominees must complete a certain number of steps to claim it:
- Display logo in your blog to show you've been nominated.
- Thank and link back to your nominator.
- Answer the questions asked by your nominator.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers for the award.
- Notify your nominees.
1. What would you peg as an appropriate age of majority?
If we're talking about at what age folks should be permitted to drink, by law: well, kids can go and die in a war for their countries at 18, so they should be able to bloody well order beer at a bar before getting blown up. If we're talking about when I think most folks have completely shed their juvenile dumbassery, maybe 23 or 25. Maybe there should be a test, similar to the SATs or ACTs, in which stupidity levels and common sense are evaluated and those failing to meet the minimum required scores for either category can't get their "I'm an adult" cards. How's that?
2. What would win in a fight: math or science?
Er...science, 'cause numbers can go only forward or backward, whereas science can go wherever the hell it wants. (Probably?)
3. How do you feel about time travel as a narrative device?
I dig it but think it takes a tight mind to keep track of all the shifts and whatnot. Plus, what about that paradox of a character meeting up with her/his older/younger self? How's that even really possible, huh? OK, it's not, which, I guess, is the whole point.
4. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
Lust Red, lovers. Lust. Red. (This is a totally legit color, y'all. In fact, all links on my blog that you've not yet clicked are in Lust Red.)
5. What's the last movie you saw in a theater?
Star Trek: Into Darkness. (Luuuuuuuuuurved it!)
6. The power goes out. It will be out for several hours. What do you do with yourself?
Er...that seems a bit of a personal question, non?
7. Who's your favorite fictional private eye?
Edgar A. Poe's most excellent Le Chevalier C. Auguste Dupin.
8. What's your greatest struggle as a writer?
Disciplining myself to get 'er done.
9. What one book do you think everyone should read?
The one I intend to release this coming September, of course. ;-)
10. What song are you listening to right now?
11. Where in the world would you like to be right now, and why?
Scotland. 'Cause it's bloody cooler than bloody New York, that's bloody why.
Seven Things About Me
- Though I romanticize the Regency and Victorian eras in the UK, I'm grateful to live in a time in which air conditioning, asthma inhalers, sanitary napkins/baby diapers, Lindt chocolates, and flavored rums are readily accessible.
- I haven't been on a proper vacation in nine years.
- I flatter myself as being brilliant with words, however, I'm damned if I can make things pretty with my hands. (I'd make a teacher of Flower Arrangement weep, trust me.)
- My fave color combo of late is red, white, and black. Like, I think that my collapsible zebra-striped umbrella sticking out of my red totebag's side pocket is fetching-as-hell.
- My fave pizzas are: the Meat Lover's from Pizza Hut, the Four Cheese from Uno, and locally, a Pepperoni Pie from Pizza King (because, to paraphrase my Dad, "Kings don't eat shit.")
- My lips are asymmetrical, meaning they don't align when I smile, and that drives me mad.
- My bedroom's a hot mess right now. Hot, hot mess.
- Jackie @ Bouquet of Books
- Dani @ Entertaining Interests
- Melissa @ Melissa's Imaginarium
- Emma @ Little Gothic Horrors
- Heather @ The Waiting is the Hardest Part (sing it, Tom Petty!)
- Tamara & Karen @ Behind These Pages
- Al @ Father Dragon Writes
Rest and food are what I need.
And so we part, as I must feed.
To all, goodnight; as well, Godspeed.