Brent Wescott of Building Castles on the Beach tagged me for this fun little blogger's game a while ago and I'm (finally) making good. (I have a couple of awards to catch up on as well, but need to pace myself here, y'all. All will be done in time. God willing.)
The first part of the game is that I've gotta tell you 11 things about myself. (I'm sorry.)
- Whenever I'm asked, "What's your favorite (insert item)?" my mind always goes blank.
- The same applies when I'm asked to think up stuff about myself.
- As much as possible, I avoid watching the news on TV (because the real world is often le suck and I just can't handle it).
- Red's my favorite color.
- I love cold weather.
- Summertime depresses me (I have reverse SAD, I guess).
- Exerting myself (or even just standing around for too long) in the double whammy of high heat and humidity can cause me to faint. (That happened to me last Monday morning at my commuter train station.) (I was totally OK after I lied down for a bit, though I did miss my train.) (Wouldja believe a paramedic just happened to be in the station parking area and a bunch of my fellow commuters flagged him down to come check me out?) (New Yorkers are way nicer than we're given credit for being.)
- I can read or I can write; I can't seem to manage writing my stuff if I'm also reading someone else's.
- The only time I have any interest in sports is during the World Cup and I lose interest as soon as Portugal's out of the game.
- For a Sagittarian, I'm perversely travel-impaired in that I don't drive, can't ride a bike or swim, and hate flying.
- I must have an aura of helpfulness about me, as strangers on the street frequently stop me to ask me for directions and whatnot. (Why would anyone think I knew anything?)
1. What kind of thing do you prefer to read?
Regency and paranormal romances, stories of horror, whimsy, and/or the supernatural.
2. When you were 13, what did you want to do with your life?
I wanted to be a detective. (OK, I wanted to be a Charlie's Angel, gimme a break.)
3. Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip? Discuss.
Miracle Whip is an abomination unto the Lord. Just sayin'.
4. If you could join any group or club, what would it be?
Uh...The Extraordinary League of Published and Commercially Successful Beyond Their Wildest Dreams Writers. (What? That's not a group? Aw, man...)
5. What is the last song you listened to?
6. When you have nothing else to do, what do you do?
Surf the Interwebs.
7. If you could make a difference by boycotting one thing, what would it be?
Exploitation ("reality") TV.
The third part is tagging 11 other bloggers and the fourth bit is posing 11 questions for them to answer. (::sighs:: Wow, this is WAY more work than my lazy arse is accustomed to doing, I'll tell you what.)
OK, so here are the
The Enchanted Writer
Random Stream of Consciousness
Brits in the USA
Diary of a Writer in Progress
No Natural Mama
Pull Up A Toadstool
Shouldn't Life Be More Than This?
Tahoma Beadworks and Photography
The DM's Screen
AND here are the questions y'all gots to answer:
- Who would win in a fight: Captain Jack Sparrow or Willy Wonka (as played by Johnny Depp)? Defend your answer.
- What is your least favorite color and why is it so?
- Who was your first celebrity crush?
- What are your favorite hamburger (or veggieburger) fixings?
- What's the lamest superpower ever?
- What's a non-conventional method of dispatching vampires and why do you think it would work?
- All you really need is...?
- What is your favorite Duran Duran song? ("I don't have one," or "I love them all," are unacceptable answers.)
- In the song Wannabe, Scary Spice tells us she "...really, really, really wanna zigazig-ah." What the devil did she mean by that?
- When the going gets tough, to what (or whom) do you turn for comfort?
- What is your favorite cocktail (if you don't dig cocktails, what's your favorite drink, generally)?