The "One Lovely Blog Award" comes to me from Elise Fallson. Merci bien, Elise!
The Rules for this award:
1. Name, thank, and link back to the blogger
2. List seven facts about yourself
3. Pass the award to 15 other bloggers and leave them comments on their blogs to alert them (I'll do this at the end of this post.)
Here are 7 facts about me:
1. Though I was born and raised in NY, because my parents spoke their native Portuguese at home, I had to take ESL during the first few years of elementary school.
2. No matter how much hot coffee I drink, I never quite wake up till I've taken a steamy shower.
3. I read tarot cards from the age of 16 till I was about 32.
4. I also started smoking at the age of 16 but haven't managed to want to quit those just yet.
5. I break for vampires. (Woof!)
6. For some bizarre reason, I count steps as I climb them. This may have started when my Kid was young, but I can't be sure it's not 'cause I'm just insane.
7. Speaking of vampires and counting, I just adore the song Eight Beautiful Notes, as sung by Count von Count from Sesame Street. It's a hell of a lot of fun to sing, and an excellent example of an ascending and descending harmonic minor scale (my FAVE!).
L.G. Keltner of Writing Off the Edge. Thanks, L.G.!
Here are the rules:
1. Post the rules on your blog.
2. Name five of your most fabulous moments, either in real life or in the blogosphere.
3. Name five things you love.
4. Name five things you hate.
5. Pass the Ribbon on to five other bloggers. (Leave them a comment to notify them of this.)
Five of my most fabulous moments:
1. Winning a poetry contest in fifth grade.
2. Learning that my English teacher (from both 9th & 12th grades) has used my work as an example of good writing in her classes (I heard this from two of my cousins who attended the same high school, maybe five or more years apart from one another). That blew me away.
3. Winning the role of the Narrator in my first college's production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
4. Seeing this blog go live and folks stopping by to read it.
5. Every time I buy a drink and get asked for ID. :-D
Five Things I Love:
1. My family
2. The talents God gave me
4. The Atlantic Ocean
Five Things I Hate:
1. When people crack jokes at others' expenses.
2. When folks condemn, rather than critique intelligently. (For example, "That sucked." -vs- "I thought the plot weak and I couldn't connect with the main character's motivation.")
3. Waxing. (Sorry, fellas; it's a fact, Jack, and I ain't takin' it back.)
5. Most reality TV.
And the "Liebster Blog Award" is the 3rd and last for today's post, given me by Andrea Teagan of The Enchanted Writer. Thanks, Andrea!
The rules are:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you.
3. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.
4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 blogs of 200 followers or fewer.
5. Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment at their blog.
So, here are all of my nominees, who fulfill the criteria for all three awards above and are welcome to claim them all, if they choose:
Random Stream of Consciousness
* Pixies Don't Have Wings
Bouquet of Books
Chock Full of Words
Just Another Creative Writing Blog
Living In An Estrogenic Flux
Shouldn't Life Be More Than This?
The DM's Screen
Right, so - the hour grows late and all the informing will have to wait till 'morrow. Goodnight, Blogosphere. OXOXO