The rules of this award are:
1. In a new blog post, thank and link back to the blog of the person who nominated you.
2. In the same post, pass the award on to six other bloggers.
3. Same post, list 10 things folks may not know about you.
So #1's done, and for #2 I've narrowed down my list to the following folks I've "met" through the Blogging From A to Z April 2012 Challenge:
David Macaulay ~ Brits in the USA(And I'll just give a shout-out to another new A to Z pal, JoJo at Tahoma Beadworks & Photography, who's in Cape Cod and posts scads of gorgeous pics that make me green with envy!)
"...an irreverent take on all the many things in America that just aren't cricket..."
Jack Edwards ~ Poetry and Other Writing
This dude writes poems like a boss.
Theresa Milstein ~ Theresa's Tales of Teaching Tribulations and Typing Teen Texts
Writer of YA and middle-grade fiction whose A to Z posts were a fun trip through 80s bands.
Drazen Kozjan ~ Hypnotik Eye
Dig this guy's illustrations of whimsy and horror (and whimsical horror)!
VictorianKitty ~ Sophistique Noir, Dark Fashion for the Mature
I forget how I came across this Goth Fashionista's groovy blog; it wasn't through A to Z, but I'm danged glad I found it!
Absconditus Creations (aka Nikki) ~ Art of a Hidden Heart
Another creator of kooky art that I heart!
Now for ten things folks may not know about me:
- You know how, in My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Toula had to go to "Greek School?" I had to do the Portuguese version of that, all through my third-grade year. (At least; I may have done it through fourth grade, too, but I think my psyche's repressed the memories...)
- I was so sheltered by my mom when I was growing up that I didn't have my first kiss till I was about 19.
- In spite of the above (or, perhaps, because of it), all through high school I used to write smutty scenarios involving me and my crush du jour and then passed them around to my friends, for comments.
- At college, I majored in (among other things) audio engineering, for two years.
- I attended my first rock concert at the age of 28 – Duran Duran at Jones Beach, Long Island, NY.
- My list of phobias includes, but is not limited to: heights, bridges, traveling over large bodies of water, being underground (like when I ride the subways), being surrounded by throngs of people, and flying.
- Despite my mild case of aquaphobia, one of my dreams is to own a beach house like Diane Keaton’s in Something’s Gotta Give (‘cause I love looking at the ocean and hearing the sea breezes rushing past my ears, though the thought of sailing or flying over the middle of the Atlantic makes my stomach hurt).
- I have a romanticized attachment to the year 1987, maybe because I was a senior in high school that fall and began tasting the first few hints of the freedom of adulthood. Whatever the case, many of the movies and tunes of that year are very special to me, so much so that I’ve set one of my works-in-progress in the fall of that year.
- Generally, poetry doesn’t turn me on, though song lyrics do. Go figure.
- Having said that, the work of Pablo Neruda makes me go, “Woof!”